Journeys Festival International are looking for people to join their ROOTS Consultation group to advise on the development of Journeys Festival International in Manchester.
Journeys Festival International (JFI) is a multi-art form festival that supports refugee and asylum seeker creatives to develop their artistic careers and to share their wonderful skills with the communities of Manchester and beyond. The festival started in Leicester 5 years ago and now takes place in Portsmouth and Manchester too. Our aim is to build a programme of creative activities for the festival, which celebrate the exceptional creative talents of refugee and asylum seeker artists, and to make it accessible to all.
We are recruiting people for our ROOTS consultancy group, who can help us with feedback, ideas and advocacy for Journeys Festival International 2018. We are looking for people who meet these criteria:
• Refugees or asylum seekers who are creative or interested in any art disciplines (music, visual art, drama, film, literature, poetry, etc).
• Who have an opinion, and are motivated about sharing their thoughts and feedback about the festival programme.
• Who have connections with refugee and asylum seeker groups, and help us to reach these communities.
In return, we are able to offer you:
• The opportunity to meet creative people in Manchester with similar interests.
• Network and connections with art professionals and institutions - JFI is partner with numerous creative institutions in the city.
• You will have a considerable input in the programme for the up-coming Journeys Festival International.
• Free tickets to attend JFI events.
• Your participation in the group might potentially lead into the opportunity to be part of the artistic programme for JFI 2018, or the projects linked to it, as we are constantly looking for artists and creative people.
The group has 3 active participants who met in January, and we are still looking for 2 more people. The meetings will continue running once a month from now onwards, and will take place at informal and accessible locations.
Travel expenses and refreshments at the meetings are covered by the Festival.
If you’d like to join the Manchester ROOTS group, or would like more information, contact the lovely Nuria at email@example.com